Talking about Race Series
Registration is required for this series.
On August 6, 2020 we have 7 part discussion series beginning. This series of learning circles will use the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture’s Talking About Race portal (https://nmaahc.si.edu/learn/talking-about-race) to create community conversation about racism, racial identity and the way these forces shape every aspect of society, from the economy and politics to the broader American culture.
This is a 7 part series, that will be held every other Thursday beginning August 6, from 7-8:30 pm. This series is hosted by Do Good Roseville, League of Women Voters of the Roseville Area and the Ramsey County Library.
We encourage you to attend all of the sessions, but each lesson stands on its own, so you can attend as many as your schedule allows. The sessions will be held virtually via Zoom. If you have any questions, please contact Kathy Ramundt, email@example.com or 651-488-5061.
To register for each session, click on the link below or go to the Library website rclreads.org/events.
- REGISTER August 6 – Historical Foundations of Race – FULL
- REGISTER August 20 – Bias – FULL
- REGISTER September 3 – Race and Racial Identity
- REGISTER September 17 – Whiteness
- REGISTER October 1 – Social Identities and Systems of Oppression
- REGISTER October 15 – Being an Anti-Racist
- REGISTER October 29 – Community Building